Transportation Management and Design, Inc. is a company of transit planners dedicated to making transit an attractive option for people’s everyday travel needs. For nearly thirty years, TMD has collaborated with transit agencies around the nation to improve the quality of transit service.
Currently, TMD has an opening for an Associate Transit Planner in our Carlsbad, CA office. We are seeking candidates with an interest in transit service planning who think critically and exhibit strong writing skills.
Associate Planners will be challenged to provide recommendations for a variety of transit planning projects that strengthen transit networks and lay the foundation for vibrant and sustainable communities.
TMD Associate Planners get hands-on experience working with seasoned industry professionals, and will have the opportunity to learn about transit while developing project management and technical skills. The nature of the work gives planners the chance to travel, work face-to-face with clients, and gain firsthand knowledge of how transit systems function.
Desired Qualifications & Skills
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Urban Planning, Geography, or related field preferred
- Interest in transit service and planning and/or land use integration
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and qualitative skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and in group settings
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Proficiency in ESRI ArcGIS is a plus
TMD offers a competitive salary and benefits package, depending on qualifications and years of experience. As a small company with team members in multiple locations, we also provide opportunities for flexible work hours and arrangements.
- Competitive salaries
- Annual bonuses
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous PTO and holidays
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit sharing
- Flexible work schedule (Telework and Hybrid)
- Conference opportunities
- Professional fees, registration and dues offset
- Company-funded short and long-term disability insurance and life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
How to Apply
If you are a critical thinker and public transportation advocate seeking to join an industry-leading team and contribute meaningfully to the transit industry, we encourage you to apply by sending your resume to email@example.com.