TMD is seeking an experienced and collaborative Transit Project Manager to join our growing team, preferably in our Carlsbad, CA office (remote locations may be considered). This is an excellent opportunity for a senior-level transit professional to work hands-on with an innovative group of seasoned industry experts to design creative and effective transportation and mobility solutions for communities across the United States.
We are hiring a self-motivated Project Manager with demonstrated quantitative and analytical skills, as well as previous project management and supervisory experience. The successful candidate will work both independently and with a small team of skilled transit industry professionals to ensure the timely completion of high-quality project deliverables for a variety of public and private sector clients.
- Supervising Senior and Associate planning staff which includes ensuring quality and accuracy of project deliverables, providing mentoring on transit planning principles, reviewing/verifying timesheets, and monitoring project budgets and timelines.
- Performing project management duties on multiple projects, including project budgeting/scheduling, building good relationships with clients, completing progress reports and invoicing, and delivering high-quality work products.
- Completing general transit planning tasks, including market research, service performance evaluation, data collection & analysis, and technical writing. Project work may also include local/regional transportation plans, feasibility studies, fare policy/pricing models, service equity (Title VI) analyses, facility planning, and financial and capital planning.
- Developing data-driven recommendations for multimodal transit systems (urban, suburban, and rural geographies), including route and network restructuring, corridor planning, changes in operating policies and practices, new transit product implementation, or transit performance monitoring.
- Producing project deliverables, including maps, reports and presentations for transit clients, as well as non-transit audiences (e.g., riders, elected officials, community leaders).
- Supporting TMD’s business development and marketing activities including developing project scopes, coordinating teaming agreements, and participating in interviews.
- Some on-site travel is required.
Desired Qualifications & Skills
Successful candidates should have a minimum of five years of transportation planning and design or urban planning experience in the areas listed above. In addition, the ideal applicant should meet the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated quantitative, analytical, and critical-thinking skills, and a strong aptitude for using data-driven methodologies to develop ideas.
- Proven ability to successfully conduct/manage multiple projects on time and on budget.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current transit system issues, opportunities, and challenges.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and visual communication and presentation skills.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel; experience with ArcGIS, Tableau, Power BI, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and/or Canva a plus.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in urban or transportation planning, geography, or a related planning field desired, but not required.
- Additional professional licenses or certifications (e.g., AICP) a plus.
Salary & Benefits
TMD offers a competitive salary and benefits package, depending on qualifications, education, and years of experience. The salary range for this position is $98,000 – $132,000 and is based on our California location.
- Competitive salaries
- Annual bonuses
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous PTO and holidays
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit sharing
- Flexible work schedule (Telework and Hybrid)
- Conference opportunities
- Professional fees, registration and dues offset
- Student Loan Assistance
- Company-funded short and long-term disability insurance and life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
How to Apply
If you are a critical thinker and public transportation advocate seeking to join an industry-leading team and contribute meaningfully to the transit industry, we encourage you to apply by sending your resume to [email protected].