Transportation Management and Design, Inc. (TMD) is seeking a highly motivated and independent GIS and Data Visualization Specialist to advance its planning practice. We are seeking an individual with a minimum of two years of work-related experience in the GIS field applying GIS technology to planning or transportation projects, as well as data visualization and cartography skills, and an interest in transit. The successful candidate will be creative, collaborative, adaptable in the face of deadlines, and possess a positive, can-do attitude.
This position will entail a workload of approximately 70 percent GIS-specific project work and 30 percent data visualization.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
In this position, the successful candidate will be expected to complete spatial analyses related to demographics, transit planning, and transportation/land use projects, as well as provide visually engaging graphics based on diverse, complex transit-related data sets.
The Analyst may be expected to:
- Conduct demographic analysis using U.S. Census, ACS, and LEHD data
- Conduct network analysis using GIS Network Analyst extension
- Conduct raster-based analysis using GIS Spatial Analyst extension
- Produce high-quality maps and graphics using Adobe Illustrator or other drawing software
- Develop online maps, charts, and tables for public engagement using ArcGIS online or other online tools
- Develop, maintain, and execute quality control/assurance processes, including the review of data developed by or acquired from outside organizations
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting assistance to planners and other GIS users
- Assist in analyzing GIS-related workflows and the assigning or scheduling of work to meet priorities and goals
- Develop in-house tools using Python, Modelbuilder, and/or other scripting
- Develop a web mapping platform
- Provide GIS training for staff and develop training materials
Qualifications and Requirements
A minimum of two years’ experience as a GIS analyst in urban or transportation planning or similar field is required. The ideal candidate should have excellent analytical and cartographic skills, and a good understanding of GIS applications for transportation planning projects. The candidate must have strong proficiency with the following software:
- ArcGIS 10.8 or above
- ArcGIS extensions (Network Analyst and Spatial Analyst)
- ArcGIS StoryMaps
- Adobe Illustrator
- Familiarity with Python scripts, R, and/or web mapping is desirable
- The following software is a plus: ArcGIS 3D Analyst extension, SketchUp, Adobe Photoshop/InDesign, and/or web development
A bachelor’s degree in Geography or Urban Planning, or a graduate certification in GIS is required.
How to Apply
Submit cover letter, resume, and work sample to email@example.com.