Transportation Management and Design, Inc. is a company of transit planners dedicated to making transit an attractive option for people’s everyday travel needs. For nearly thirty years, TMD has collaborated with transit agencies around the nation to improve the quality of transit service.
Currently, TMD has an opening for an Assistant Transit Planner and Associate Transit Planner in our Carlsbad, CA office. We are seeking candidates with an interest in transit service planning who think critically and exhibit strong writing skills.
Assistant / Associate Planners
Assistant and Associate Planners will be challenged to provide recommendations for a variety of transit planning projects that strengthen transit networks and lay the foundation for vibrant and sustainable communities.
TMD Assistant and Associate Planners get hands-on experience working with seasoned industry professionals, and will have the opportunity to learn about transit while developing project management and technical skills. The nature of the work gives planners the chance to travel, work face-to-face with clients, and gain firsthand knowledge of how transit systems function.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Urban Planning, Geography, or related field preferred
- Interest in transit service and planning and/or land use integration
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and qualitative skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and in group settings
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Proficiency in ESRI ArcGIS is a plus