Currently, TMD has an opening for a Senior Transit Planner in our Carlsbad, CA office.
Principal duties for the Senior Planner position may include but are not limited to:
- Performing transit-planning tasks, including market research, data collection, data analysis, technical writing, and preparation of deliverables, including maps, reports, and presentations.
- Developing recommendations for transit systems, including route and network restructuring, changes in operating practices, implementing new transit products, or managing transit performance.
- Overseeing day-to-day task work and project management duties that include project scheduling/budgeting, mentoring and training entry-level staff, and client interaction.
- Opportunity to participate in business development activities.
- Have prior transit planning experience at the assistant/associate level (2-10 years experience)
- Experience related to the areas listed above
- Ability to successfully perform/oversee project work
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Conversant with transit system issues and opportunities
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Urban Planning, Geography, or related field preferred